Saturday 4 June 2011

Rip Off Ebay....

I consider myself a seasoned ebayer shopper.  With over 1000 feedback (and still at 100% - woop!), I have been on there a long time and I’ve had some terrific bargains which I continue to look for.
But recently, I am sad to say that I was well and truly had.  I really should have known because of the price….maybe I had gotten bigheaded and was a little too smug at my £6.95 buy it now for Benefit’s Get Even face powder….all I know is the moment the package arrived and I opened it, I knew something wasn’t quite right.
  1. No plastic disc separating product from mirror, so mirror was fogged and wet.
  2. Black & white folded leaflet, but poorly printed and badly folded.
  3. Differences in the compact compared to previous purchases - despite the recent relaunch and new look.
  4. I compared it with my old product and the differences were even more obvious.
  5. I just knew it.
    Giving the seller the ‘Benefit’ of the doubt, I emailed promptly to inform them that this was obviously a fake and I wanted something done about it. They feigned ignorance and said they didn’t know as it was an ‘unwanted gift’.  I checked what they were selling and all in, they had approx 100 Benefit ‘unwanted gifts’ for sale.  Go figure.
    I returned it for a refund andreported the seller. What they are selling is CRAP and lord knows what rubbish the product is full of - cheap ass ingredients that could easily irritate sensitive skin like mine.
    I found a Fake guide on ebay to be invaluable.  This is an excerpt - the part about the Chinese language on the leaflet (which mine did have) finally woke me up to the fact that I was being really stupid and nobody sells Get Even at buy it now for £6.95 with free P&P unless it’s fake, useless rubbish.
    So research carefully and if in doubt, don’t buy it. This was nothing but a headache!!!
    "Benefit include ‘how to’ booklets with many of their products. Guides with a distinctive ‘Chinese’ look to them; the products etc will be fake. Benefit do not maufacture in China."
    If you really want that fabulous Benefit item at a reduced price, go Duty Free or save up ;) Or better yet, save a ton of money and try E.L.F. products!!

No comments:

Post a Comment