Friday 3 June 2011

E.L.F. (Eyes, Lips, face), Top 5 Studio Must have Products

LUXURY....ON A BUDGET
The E.L.F. Studio Line offers a wider choice of products when compared to the basic range, and this is reflected in the price.  Having said that, the Studio Range is still far cheaper than make up counter store brands such as Rimmell, Maybelline, Revlon, etc.  For a quick comparison:


SPLURGE
Maybelline long lasting gel liner - £7.99






SAVE
Elf Studio Cream eyeliner - £3.50








The Studio line offers genuinely innovative products that I certainly have never seen before, nor anywhere else.  In this raneg you'll find eye transformer palettes that change the shade of your eyeshadow, corrective concealer palette with a shade for every skin, not to mention everything you need to store and treat your make up brushes. The range is massive, and I love it all but I have managed to narrow it down to just my 5 top products.

1. Studio High Definition Powder - £6.00

I like to call this one the 'miracle powder'. It's white so you aren't going to wind up looking orange after having selected the wrong shade...! You also won't end up looking like a ghost as the powder is sheer, invisible but all the while giving a soft focus effect....and hiding/smoothing fine lines and imperfections. This product is just like amazingingly  flattering lighting in a jar! 



2. Studio Blush - £3.50
Available in 9 gorgeous flattering shades, these blushes are versatile, highly pigmented, and amazing value. However, be warned - a little goes a long, long way! The first time I used my 'pink passion' (shown left), I looked like I'd had an accident with a makeup counter. So, use this sparingly for lovely colour that highlights and flatters the cheeks. The 'Gotta Glow' shade works a lot like Benefit High Beam - use anywhere on the face to highlight...but save around £18 by using this product instead!







3. Studio Lip Conditioning Balm - £3.50

These balms are one of the newer additions to the Elf Studio range. They're already popular! Available in lovely, summery shades, these balms are suitable for every day wear, complete with SPF15 to protect your lips. This product isn't sticky and goes on smoothly and softens your lips. 'Nicely Natural' is a great neutral shade, while 'Mellow Mellon' is a gorgeous  Summer pink. Expect vibrant colour pay off!




4. Studio Mineral infused Face Primer - £6.00

I do agree with some other comments I have read about the packaging for this product and have to say - it stinks. Harsh but true! I almost always have trouble with the pump and have to resort to unscrewing it and scraping the product out, hardly ideal. However, once you get this product on your skin, be prepared for smooth, fresh, soft skin that is silky to the touch and enables make up to slide on flawlessly.  Expect a matte finish that lasts and skin that feels great all day.  The primer makes it into my top 5 - the packaging doesn't.  Also, since you can't rely on the pump to get it all out, it'd be nice to see how much is left.  Change the packaging Elf! Comparable to what I used to use which is Philosophy 'The Present' and Benefit 'Dr Feelgood' - this works just as well, it just doesn't look as good.  But once again, budget triumphs over high-end cosmetics.








5. Studio Matte Eyeshadow - £3.50
 At last! An eyeshadow that has great pigmentation, fantastic, fresh colours and no sparkly glitter that gets into your eyes! These shadows are so nice, they stay all day and don't smudge or crease so are kinder for mature skin, although I they'd suit anyone.  My current favourite shade is mint (as shown), but I'm eager to try more and only hope Elf bring out a blue shade. Comes complete with a very decent brush and wears well even without a primer.




Coming in just outside of my top 5 were these other great products : Eye Transformer, the amazing Corrective concealer palette, the multi functional Shimmer palette and the ingenious lip lock pencil. I also feel that I have to mention the fantastic range of brushes and the fact that Elf not only realises we want great brushes but somewhere to store them and great ways to clean them.
I would LOVE to hear from you! What are your top 5 products? Or the one Elf product you just can't live without?

4 comments:

  1. my top 5 so far would definitely be:
    1. mineral infused face primer
    2. e.l.f studio cream liners
    3. mineral eyeshadows
    4. super glossy lip shine
    5. Studio blush & Bronzer compact (love it)
    im an e.l.faholic hahahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the face primer...there just needs to be more of it in better packaging. I'm convinced it's in a white bottle so you can't actually see how little product there is!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. powder brush
    2. complexion brush
    3. mineral eye shadows
    4. mineral foundation
    5. mineral setting powder

    I do understand that their mineral line contains bismuth but since I am not allergic to it, it does not bother me that much. Mineral lipsticks are also nice and so are the synthetic kabukis.

    What I really hate are the stinky products: mineral eyeshadow primer and studio lip stain - terrible stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mineral booster is one of my most favourite things from the ELF range. I agree about the eyeshadow primer.....I got mine, used it a while and then forgot about it. When I found the tube a month later and used it, my eyes stung so badly and it did smell weird. I had to wash it off and I threw away what was left. I won't be re-ordering that one.

    ELF can be pretty hit and miss.....luckily it's mostly hit! :)

    ReplyDelete