Monday 20 June 2011

ELF - Matte Finisher clear nail polish

Elf promise that their Matte Finisher clear nail polish will: "Instantly transform your shiny polish to matte with this translucent top coat."
The actual product is milky looking in the bottle, not exactly clear

So I ordered a bottle and decided to test it to see if ELF were onto another £1.50 winner.

My base nail polish is Avon's Arabian Glow in Coral Sands.  I used 2 coats on this and applied them the day before so they were good and dry for when my Elf delivery arrived! I'm loving all the nail innovations at the moment, which make it possible to have edgy, beautiful nails without paying through the roof, so I was very eager to try this.

2 coats of regular nail polish
 I used one coat and the effect was instant - and gorgeous. I am so eager to try this on some dark colours.  I would say that the effect works better if your original nail paint work is neat & tidy and without polish on your skin, otherwise it can look a bit crappy!
1 coat of the Matte Finisher
It's a very pretty look, but I do think it will work better with dark colours, as bright summer colours look prettier with the shine.  I'm going to try the top coat on a gorgeous Karen Millen wine nail varnish that I have and see how that comes out. 

Overall though, I would happily recommend this product - especially for £1.50!
Transform your nails for £1.50!


As ever, your questions and comments are always welcome.  Sorry for the poor picture quality....these are taken on my camera phone.  But you get the general idea!









2 comments:

  1. This looks really great, I've never been much into Matte but it looks quite cool so I may well try it :) thanks for the review!! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting! :) I would seriously say give it a go, it looks so nice!

    I just tried it on the dark wine colour on my toes and it is really gorgeous and actually comes out better than on the lighter coral.

    Makes me want to try black, purple & electric blue shades... xxxx

    ReplyDelete