Sunday 5 June 2011

E.L.F. (Eyes, Lips, Face) Top 5 Mineral must haves products

Some years ago, I suffered really badly with adult acne. Mix in with this the fact that I have sensitive skin and you can imagine how little makeup I could put on my face.  Still, I tried because I was desperate to cover the swollen, red, sore marks all along my jawline, forehead and chin.  Then late one night my mother said she'd been watching a shopping channel and knowing what it meant to me to find something that worked, she had ordered me some makeup.  It cost her a small fortune for a few tiny pots, but when it came it was completely worth it.  Full coverage, non-irritating and it left a beautiful finish that looked almost photo shopped! It boasted that it covered birthmarks, spots, dark circles....and it really did.  That product was Sheer Cover.

Sheer Cover starter kit - yours for £60
I won't knock Sheer cover, because it works.  It was there when nobody has really heard of Mineral makeup and it helped me camouflage my acne. I'm now acne free, but because I know that minerals are lightweight, let the skin breathe, don't clog pores and help your skin stay healthy, I still use it and always will.  But, I changed brands.  ELF Minerals are just as good as Sheer Cover, in fact their mineral booster is lighter and better than the Sheer Cover finishing powder.  So, without further ado, here are my top 5 from the ELF mineral line.  Before I launch into it, here's a little something to put ELF incredible value for money into perspective:


Sheer Cover Foundation - £21.95 for 4g

ELF Mineral foundation £3.50 for 2.84g

It's a no-brainer really, isn't it?!  Okay, you get less of the ELF mineral foundation compared to the Sheer Cover pot, but if you buy TWO pots of ELF, that's 5.68g and still only £7.00. That's why Elf Mineral Foundation is number 1 on my top 5 must have products.

2. Mineral Concealer - £3.50

What the Mineral foundation doesn't cover, the concealer picks up and finishes the job.  Blackheads, dark circles under the eyes, even red nose after a cold....the concealer gets it all.  I've never had a blemish or skin problem that a combination of the foundation and concealer didn't solve.  It's light, kind to skin and does not sit heavily on the face. You'll hardly know you're wearing this, apart from when you look in the mirror and flawless you smiles back!



3. Mineral Booster - £5.00 (large), £3.50 (small).


It's step 3 of your mineral makeup routine so it makes perfect sense for it to be number 3 on my list.  The booster is the equivalent of the white Sheer cover finishing powder....it's just as sheer, just as good and just as light and kind on your skin.  If your skin is in a good way and doesn't really need foundation or concealer, the booster can be worn alone for such a pretty, sheer, matte look that compliments any skin tone and helps you glow.  Love this product! But the large and it will last you for months.


4. Mineral Lipstick - £3.50


These lipsticks are gorgeous. I've used far more expensive brands with much less staying power, that have done nothing but dry out my lips and make my skin crack.  These beauties are silky soft when worn and deliver lovely, subtly sheer colour. They last quite well and although they are quite sheer, the darker colours do give great colour pay off.  The lipstick shown left is Pouty Petal, a gorgeous pink that I think will flatter just about everyone. I must be honest and say that I like these so much I wish they were in the £1.50 range....but you get what you pay for I guess and the extra £2 spent here is well worth it and very noticeable.  I also have and can recommend the following shades; Rosy Tan, Royal Red and nicely nude.




This product is my new favourite and I can say only good things about it! It does what only a combination of Benefit's Eye Bright and Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat could previously do for my eyes.  It really does brighten, widen, soothe and transform tired, discoloured eyes. I've heard some people say it can be too dark on pale skin tones, so try mixing with the High Def Studio Powder for an even more flattering, sheer, pretty look.  Wear alone for a natural look or you can use as a base - I do both and it works great every time.



Coming in just outside of my top 5 must haves are: Mineral Lip Gloss, Mineral Blush, Mineral Eye Liner and Mineral Eyeshadow.
Gorgeous Mineral Selection available from www.eyeslipsface.co.uk
I'd love to hear from other ELF'ers! What are your favourite Mineral products? Or what have you tried that you didn't like?  Have you been converted from another brand? Let's take makeup :)

2 comments:

  1. I would not recommend high-def stuff anywhere near the eyes - silica microspheres are extremely drying and can make the skin around the eyes all wrinkly. (My skin really hates silica products - skin becomes like a dried plum). Personally I prefer Everyday Minerals' Pearl Sunlight under the eyes. From the mineral line I really like e.l.f's eyeshadows - very nice texture and plenty of sheen. I also hope e.l.f. would start making mineral eyeliner in white too :), their softness is a big plus when one works on the gentle skin around the eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I use face powder, I go all over the face including the eyes...and this includes the High Def powder. I've not had any problems with it, seems I've been lucky :)
    I have experienced dry skin with continual use of the Mineral Foundation, but it's still amazing stuff....I just find that I need a break every once in a while.
    I agree about they eyeshadows, they're amazing and still fantastuc value :)

    ReplyDelete