Friday 29 June 2012

BB Creams...do they work?


I love it when a new beauty phenomenon hits the shelves and I always have to try whatever it is.  When I started reading about BB creams, I knew I had to get hold of one and give it a try.  BB means 'Blemish Balm' but it isn't necessarily for problem skin. As explained:

" The multi-tasking cream has amazing all-in-one properties — moisturizer, primer, foundation, concealer, skin treatment and sunblock."

Could it really be that simple? No need for separate moisturiser, face primer, foundation, concealer and an SPF in the Summer? I love my routine - That Gal make up base (or ELF alternative), foundation, concealer, powder.....it doesn't seem right to be using just one thing.  In fact, the first time I used my Garnier Miracle BB cream - I didn't like it.
Maybe I didn't apply it correctly the first time, or I was just determined to stick with my tried and tested routine. Anyway, I found the tube a few weeks later and gave it another shot after seeing this:


My skin was a little upset after 'that' time of month and I needed a little something extra, but my skin was too sensitive to clog up with layers of moisturiser, base, foundation...so I tried this again and now I am utterly hooked.  IT WORKS.  The coverage is fantastic and you don't get the feeling you're wearing much at all. It's so much more than a foundation, it seems to sink into your skin so well, but makes you look fantastically flaweless and luminous.  It's skin care, but more than just a tinted lotion.  I can't put my finger on any one thing because BB cream is so many things and does so many jobs.  My skin improved straight away, a work colleague told me I was 'glowing' on one particular day! To say I am glad I gave this product another chance is an understatement.

If you haven't already, try it. You won't be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment